Monday, April 28, 2014

April 2014 Movie Wrap-Up

By Andrea Renee Cox

It’s that time of the month again. Time for me to tell you which movies I enjoyed in the month of April. Without further ado, here’s my short list of must-see films.

IN THEATERS

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I’m a Marvel movie fan. Never read the comics, but I’ve seen most of the films. Captain America: The Winter Soldier fed my superhero craving perfectly. High-flying action sequences, witty dialogue between Cap and Black Widow, and surprises around every corner (can’t give away the details because I want you to be as surprised as I was) kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire film. This is one I would love to see multiple times in the theater, if only my budget would allow for that. The cast was great, as it always is with these dynamic movies in the Marvel family. I loved the addition of Anthony Mackie as the new character Falcon. He’s a talented actor I’ve enjoyed watching over the past several years. Always brings his A-game to every role he takes on. That’s what you’ve got to do when you step into the limelight with Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson. Mackie's Falcon was a fabulous addition to the storyline, and I hope we get more of his story in the next Marvel flick.
Anthony Mackie portrays Falcon.





Disclaimer: This movie contains some inappropriate language and violence associated with superhero movies. Viewer discretion advised.





AVAILABLE TO OWN OR RENT

Frozen

This will probably remain the most popular Disney movie this year. It’s an instant classic that resonates with familial love. The story revolves around Elsa and Anna, two sisters (princesses, of course, but would we really expect anything less from Disney?) who drift apart due to secrets Elsa hides to protect Anna from another incident like the one that happened when she was very young. There’s adventure to be found in this wintry tale of dreams waiting to be fought for. Oh, and there’s a hilarious snowman named Olaf. He’ll keep you laughing for certain!

There have been a lot of versions of “Let It Go” floating around YouTube. Here for your viewing pleasure is my favorite one. It’s a very creative African Tribal version, featuring the very talented Alex Boyé. Please enjoy!



Due to watching the Dallas Stars in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and several teams playing in the NBA Playoffs, I haven’t had much spare time to view movies. Have I mentioned that I’m more than a little obsessed with the National Basketball Association? I’d love to hear about movies you’ve seen this month. Maybe I can play catch-up once all the playoffs are over in a month or so.

Which movies would you recommend? What was it you liked about them? Which movies are you looking forward to the most for the summer season?


Need a proofreader? View my services.

Want to write a guest article? Be My Guest.

No comments: