Monday, September 8, 2014

Treasured Verses - September 2014

Last week was quite busy for me. Between a proofreading job and the first week of tutoring (and watching the US Open Tennis Championships), I wasn’t able to find time to create a blog article for you this week, so I’m flinging this together on Sunday. Here are some Bible verses that have touched my heart lately.

1 John 4:4
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”

2 John 12
“… Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.”

3 John 7
“It was for the sake of the Name that they went out…”

3 John 8
“We ought therefore to show hospitality to such men so that we may work together for the truth.”

Revelation 1:10
“… I was in the Spirit…”

Revelation 2:10
“Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.”

Revelation 3:10
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently…”

Revelation 13:10
“… This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.”

1 Thessalonians 1:3
“We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Philippians 4:19
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

Genesis 4:7
“If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

John 13:7
“You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”


These verses have lifted my heart and renewed my hope lately. I pray they do the same for you today.

Readers, what verses have touched your heart lately? How do you apply them to your daily life?

Would you like to be my guest? Here's how to submit an article.

Do you need a proofreader? Here are the services I offer.

No comments: