Monday, November 9, 2015

Bit O' Inspiration: Part Two

by Andrea Renee Cox

One thing on my mind today:

The Dallas Stars

My favorite hockey team is playing well to start their season. As of Sunday afternoon, they hold the best record in the entire NHL, at 12-3-0 (for those of you who aren't hockey fans, that's twelve wins, three losses, and zero overtime losses).


John Klingberg, defenseman for the Dallas Stars
Stats aside, the Stars are having fun playing hockey. They've got nearly a dozen guys under the age of twenty-five, and you can see their youthful enthusiasm in the way they skate, shoot, and fight for position. It also shines in their interviews, especially when they let loose grins that reflect their amazement that their dreams of playing in the National Hockey League have finally come true. Each of them are great additions to the Dallas Stars Hockey Club, and I can hardly wait to see their careers unfold. Hockey in north Texas looks pretty bright right now. To quote the advertising campaign for the team, "A new star is rising." Actually, it's a few new stars, and aren't we north Texans glad about that!


Something that surprised me this week:

My NaNoWriMo word count

Yesterday was day eight in the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) challenge to write 50,000 words in one month. My goal, though, is to write 60k in twenty-one days. If I accomplish this, I'll be able to take a few days off to bake goodies for Thanksgiving, and any words I get during Thanksgiving week will be pure bonus. As of last night when I logged in my day eight word count, I had reached 25,323 words. That's over halfway to 50k! I can't believe I reached that big of a number in only eight days, and with life popping up and interrupting my writing time too! God's blessings are so numerous and abundantly beautiful. Thank the Lord for His goodness in providing me with words.


A verse to get you through the day:

I'm working through Beth Moore's Breaking Free workbook and audio CDs right now, and one verse she shared in week two was Isaiah 43:1. I'm quoting only part of the verse (from my new Holman Christian Standard Bible), because the last part of the verse grabbed my soul. I hope it offers some encouragement to you today as well.

Isaiah 43:1b
"... I have called you by your name; you are Mine."


Friends, how do you feel reminded that God cherishes you? How are your favorite sports teams doing this season? If you wrote a novel, what would it be about?


Thanks for stopping by today! I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below. And don’t forget to drop by next Monday for my latest article.

Would you like to be my guest? Here's how to submit an article.

Do you need a copyeditor? Here are the services I offer.

No comments: