Monday, January 11, 2016

NaNoWriMo... in January?

by Andrea Renee Cox

Hey, friends! How are you settling in to the new year?

One of my work schedules has begun again, but the other one has been delayed. Instead of seeing this in a negative light, I'm choosing to see the positives. For one thing, it frees up some much-needed time to finish the novel I started back in November for NaNoWriMo. Is it possible to have a miniature National Novel Writing Month in January? I'm sure going to try! I'm hoping and praying to be able to finish this first draft by the end of this month.

Another blessing that has come from not having my second job start back up quite yet is that I am fitting in more leisure reading. I believe every girl (every person, really) should have a towering to-be-read (tbr) pile of books... but that she should also find the time to read those books at some point. A goal I have this year is to power through a huge chunk of my tbr pile. Since I have extra time right now, I guess I'll be starting the year off right toward that particular goal.

Until my first copyediting job of the year lands on my desk, I'll be appreciating the extra blessings of free time. And afterward? Well, then I'll be thankful for the blessings that come with one of the jobs for which God's given me great passion.

Now it's your turn:


What goals do you have for this month? This year? What steps are you taking to reach those goals? What role is your faith taking in reaching your goals?


Looking forward to hearing from you in the comment section! And don't forget to come back next Monday for a new article.

No comments: