Monday, March 28, 2016

Redeemed!

by Andrea Renee Cox

Yesterday was Resurrection Day, so of course I was thinking about how Jesus took my place up on the cross. It's a very difficult thing to face, that Someone would choose to take on my sin and suffer an excruciating death in my place. But when I think about how innocent He was... and how imperfect I am... Words cannot properly express how much that sacrifice blows my mind and whispers oceans of peace into my heart.

One thing that kept coming to mind over the weekend was the fact that I -- and my brothers and sisters in Christ -- have been redeemed through the sacrifice of my Savior. To be redeemed is to be bought back. Jesus, by dying on the cross and then rising from the dead three days later, conquered death once and for all and successfully bought me back as a gift to His Father.

Can you picture it?

By His blood, Jesus purchased each of us, cleaned us up (removing every speck of dirt [sin] from our bodies and clothes), continues to grow us into more beautiful creations than we were before, and will one day present us as treasures to His (and our) Heavenly Father.

That day is the one I long for.


Are you a redeemed son or daughter of the Most High? How did you celebrate Jesus' sacrifice for you this past weekend?


When the time came to completion, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our[a] hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”
Galatians 4:4-6
Holman Christian Standard Bible


Did you like this article? Share it! Want more? Come back next Monday.
Do you have something to share? Leave a comment.

No comments: