Monday, May 30, 2016

Sandhill Dreams by Cara Putman

by Andrea Renee Cox

In the midst of my crazy schedule, I recently found time to read a Heartsong Presents novel by Cara Putman. I've been a fan of hers ever since I read Shadowed by Grace (see my review of that one here), but I'm still working on collecting and reading her backlog of stories.

Sandhill Dreams might be the second in a series (I didn't know that when I read it), but it stands on it's own quite well too.

What a sweet story! Every time I read a Cara Putman book, I'm reminded again just how amazing her storytelling skills are. In Sandhill Dreams, I especially enjoyed the fact that the war dog trainer was frightened of dogs. It added a sense of tension to the storyline that kept me flipping pages long into the night. The wit and snappy comebacks sprinkled throughout the book had me laughing, which is always a good thing, in my opinion.

I was not compensated for this review. I highly recommend Sandhill Dreams. You can get this book for 99 cents over on Cara Putman's website!


About Sandhill Dreams:

Lainie Gardner dreamed of becoming a nurse. Of serving her country. Of doing something important in the war. When her dreams are dashed, is it possible new dreams will bring her more joy than she imagined?



Have you or someone in your family ever served in the military?

Do you have any pets?

Anyone have any animal-related fears?


I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section!

Would you do me a grand favor and share this article?

Hope to see you again next week!

No comments: