Monday, August 8, 2016

Happy Verses

by Andrea Renee Cox

Have you ever needed a pick-me-up but didn’t know where to find it?

I’ve been in that same situation many times. Over the years, though, I’ve discovered a great source for that boost of energy or change in attitude. This source is available 24/7.

When I’m down in the dumps, I open up my Bible and read the “happy” verses. They don’t necessarily have the word “happy” in them, but they cheer me up just like saying that word does.

One of my recent favorites is Psalm 1:1-3 (NIV below).

Psalm 1:1-3
1. How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.
3. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season
and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.


What’s one of your favorite “happy” verses?
I’d love to hear them in the comment section!

If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the buttons below.


The winner of last week's giveaway is Olivia. Hope you enjoy The Crimson Cipher as much as I did!

No comments: