Monday, November 28, 2016

Craving God

by Andrea Renee Cox

Are you craving God?

For a while now, I've been asking God to help me crave Him more and more every day. Well, I believe that prayer is being answered. Every time I open my Bible, I am reminded yet again how much God loves me and how precious His patience and lovingkindness are. His mercy. Grace. Trustworthiness. Truly, the list is endless.


Here are a few verses that have stood out to me lately. All of these verses are from the New King James version, as that's the one I've been using lately.


"Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you."
Job 22:21

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold."
Job 23:10

"Uphold my steps in Your paths, that my footsteps may not slip."
Psalm 17:5

"May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose."
Psalm 20:4

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:1-8


What verses have drawn your heart closer to God lately?

What are some tangible ways in which you show your praise to God?


Congratulations to Susan C., the winner of last week's giveaway!


Join the conversation!
Like this article? Share it.
Want more? Follow by e-mail.

No comments: