Monday, November 7, 2016

A Little Church

by Andrea Renee Cox

Since I'm on a tight deadline (due on Monday!) and I've worked late tonight (Sunday), I'm cutting this article way short. So sorry about that, but this was the one thing I could put on the back burner this week and get away with it.

So, in lieu of a full-blown article, let's do a little church this evening (or morning or afternoon; whatever time of day it happens to be for you).

What do you think of when you see this picture?


I think of a couple of verses I recently read.

Isaiah 51:10, 15 (NKJ)
10. Are You not the One who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep; that made the depths of the sea a road for the redeemed to cross over?
15. But I am the Lord your God, who divided the sea whose waves roared -- the Lord of hosts is His name.

When we reach the end of what we can handle and we face the raging sea, who do we trust to calm that water? Not only is God capable and willing to calm the sea (Matthew 8:23-27), but he also will divide and dry up the sea to create a brand-new road for us to travel on in order to reach the other side of whatever it is we're facing.

Isn't that the coolest analogy ever?

I'd never noticed this verse that says God dried up the sea. Once I saw that, it brought a fresh perspective on just how awesome the crossing of the Red Sea was. Not only did God divide the sea and make it stand tall, but He also dried up the riverbed so the children of Israel could cross over on dry land.

God desires to do the same thing for us in modern times. The key is to trust Him that greatly. It takes a huge amount of faith to believe that He will remove the barrier you're staring at and provide a way to the other side. But imagine the miracle waiting for you once you take that first step of belief, of faith.

Can you see it?

Can you see His hand parting those waves? Can you imagine Him drying up that water so that you have a safe place to walk where your foot won't slip?

Now can you picture a time in your life when that's exactly what He did?


How has God helped you overcome your unbelief?

Have you experienced a time where obstacles stood in your way until you believed God would remove them?

Are there any praise-God moments you'd like to share with us today?


Join the conversation!
Like this article? Share it!
Want more? Follow by e-mail.

6 comments:

DebbieL said...

I think of God's magnificent glory and creation when I see this picture. God has helped me though too many trials to name here. I'm most thankful for the faith He has blessed me with...faith the He will get me through difficult times...and He always does. Two sayings that ring true for me always are: "Endeavor to persevere" and "This too shall pass."

Andrea Cox said...

Debbie, thank you for sharing your testimony today! Those quotes are beautiful and so encouraging when we're in the middle of life's difficulties. Bless you!

Monika said...

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

Miranda said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article.

Andrea Cox said...

You're welcome! Monika, thank you for taking the time to let me know how much this article meant to you. I appreciate your encouragement in my writing journey. God bless you!

Andrea Cox said...

Miranda, thanks for your encouraging words! God bless you!