Monday, February 13, 2017

Inspired by Lovely

by Andrea Renee Cox

Hey, y'all! Things are crazy around here right now, which usually happens to me when I'm on the last week of an editing deadline. Dishes are piled up, laundry needs to be washed, but I'm determined to finish these chapters even if my chores get shoved aside for a couple of extra days.

One thing that isn't allowed to get shoved aside, though, is my time in God's Word.


Every morning, I pull out my Precious Moments Bible and the workbook I'm going through and find my quiet spot for the next forty-five minutes. This isn't something I've always done, but it has quickly become my favorite time of day. There's nothing more beautiful than spending time with my heavenly Father.


I recently began Annie F. Downs's study entitled Looking for Lovely. I'm only a couple of weeks' worth of lessons in, but I'm already gleaning so many great things from it. I highly recommend this Bible study and the accompanying video package (both of which may be found at Lifeway.com/lookingforlovely).

I know it isn't still 2016, but I just love this picture of Ms. Downs.

One thing I've discovered in this study is a verse that is the best sort of a pep talk, at least to me. And believe me, I will be looking over it many, many times over this week, because my deadline is on Saturday, and I need all the pep talk I can get.

Since I'm on deadline and don't have much time to chat today, I'm going to leave you with Psalm 42:11. This Psalm was written by the sons of Korah, and I love how they shift their focus from their weary souls to the One who provides for their (and our) needs. Simple yet stunningly beautiful.

"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."
Psalm 42:11 (NKJ)




Do you need a pep talk today?

What's on your to-do list this week?

How do you find lovely, quiet moments in your day?



Join the conversation!
Like this article? Share it.
Want more? Follow by e-mail.

No comments: