Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Wrap-Up

As the holidays come to a close for yet another year, I’ve been thinking about the memories I’ve made with my family and friends this year. Good times and bad, both documented and tucked away in my mind to draw upon later down the road of life. The best part about this year for me was having God by my side. He was very evident in my life this year, as He is every year. Through the valleys, He held me as I wept. Up the mountains, He lent me the strength to climb when I felt I couldn’t go another step. At the peaks, He shared my victories, my joys. Every moment He was there. That fact always amazes me. Why should He love someone who is so flawed? Because He created me, He loves me. And because He loves me, I love Him. Loving God is the best place I could ever be.

When did God make Himself known to you this year? Was it during the good, easy times? Or did you see Him best when things seemed dark and lonely? What was your favorite memory (or at least one of your favorites) of 2013? I look forward to hearing your stories in the comment section below.


May the Lord bless you abundantly in the new year!

2 comments:

Joanne Bischof said...

Great question, Andrea. I think God continues to make Himself known to me in the periods of waiting an unknowns. Just that quiet calling to continue to Trust. It's not easy, but it's where He often seems to want to grow me the most.

Andrea Cox said...

Oh, Joanne, I needed to hear this so much! I feel like that's where I'm at too, and it's comforting knowing I'm not alone in the struggle. This journey we're on with Christ is not easy, but then... it wasn't meant to be. Thanks so much for sharing!