Monday, January 20, 2014

Starlight, Star Bright

Even though Christmas is over and we've begun a new year, Christmas books and novellas never go out of style, in my opinion. What do you think?

Here's a bit about a Christmas novella I read recently:

When a soccer star gets stranded in a small town in the middle of winter, will he discover God’s hand in the detour? During the off season, Italian soccer star Dante Moretti traveled to Starlight, Iowa, and ended up stranded there. When Amanda Marston comes home for her brother’s wedding, she catches Dante’s eye. Will his fame stand in the way of true love? Or will her small town heritage drive a wedge between them?


Starlight, Star Bright is the second of JoAnn Durgin’s books that I’ve read. She’s got a spunkiness that comes across in her stories with flair. You never know what her characters are going to say next, and it’s that unpredictability that kept me hooked on this Christmas novella. Loveable characters and great settings made the story seem real, like it was happening next door or in my own backyard, even though I live many states away from Iowa.

“The people here [in Starlight] are the best in the world. At least they are to me.” Amanda Marston said that in chapter four. I think it’s true of a lot of places. It’s the people around us that add depth and quality to our lives. Starlight, Star Bright showcases this perfectly. If you like small town living, or want to escape your busy life for a few hours, pick up a copy of Starlight, Star Bright, by JoAnn Durgin, for your eReader today.


If you were stranded with no way to get back on the road, would you take a look around and see what blessings you could glean from your surroundings? Or would you grouse about how you couldn’t get where you were supposed to be when you were supposed to be there? How do you handle life’s detours?

2 comments:

JoAnn Durgin said...

Thanks so much, Andrea! Starlight, Star Bright is still only 99 cents on Amazon (and I think it might even be cheaper elsewhere!). I appreciate your taking the time from your busy schedule to read my Christmas novella. I'll confess to loving my little Starlight and its fun characters...can't seem to stay away, as a matter of fact, but so far, readers aren't begging me to move on... :) Blessings and thanks again!

Andrea Cox said...

JoAnn, you're welcome. If your readers aren't complaining, I'd say you've got something wonderful going, and I'd stick with it. :)

Blessings!