Monday, May 15, 2017

Forensic Faith by J. Warner Wallace

by Andrea Renee Cox

Forensic Faith inspired me. It was such an encouraging book with lots of tips and suggestions for how to increase one's faith in an evidential way that will lend itself well to leading others to explore their own faith in God. This book was hard to put down at times, and I really appreciated the passion with which the author shared his message.


There were a few things I disliked, but they did not distract too much from the author's message.

1. The author put a lot of focus on combating atheism.
From what I have seen, there are many, many more opponents to Christianity than only atheism. I think it would be a great idea for readers of this book to observe their own communities prior to and during the process of using Forensic Faith's techniques to encourage others to explore Christianity.

2. Wimbledon is not played on clay.
This was a one-sentence remark late in the book, but it bothered me. First of all, I'm a sports fan and watch tennis often, so I know that Wimbledon is played on grass. Secondly, from the amount of detail the author provided in other areas of the book, particularly where his cases and research on atheism and Christianity were concerned, I thought he would have double-checked this one as well, so this disappointed me a little.

3. Mentions of the author's other books saturated the text.
At the first couple of mentions of the author's other books, I thought they would be great resources, and I was interested in reading them. But I quickly realized that the author referenced these other books much more than necessary. It swiftly became a bit of an infomercial at times, though the information in the chapters was still worth reading.

Despite the issues that bothered me, I did enjoy Forensic Faith, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to find more evidence for their faith, those who want to be able to better defend or explain their faith to non-Christians, or those who are struggling with doubts in their faith. When I was finished reading this book, I had a renewed passion for studying God's Word with a fresh perspective, and I think you might too.


I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, authors, and sites like Netgalley, Litfuse Publicity Group, and Blogging for Books. They do not require me to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.



About Forensic Faith:

A cold-case detective helps you rethink and share your Christian beliefs.

J. Warner Wallace has asked this question in churches across America over the past several years, and the answer he gets is often disappointing; it's almost always rooted in some sort of personal, subjective experience. As a community, we Christians aren't typically prepared to make the case for why we believe Christianity is true from the objective evidence of history, philosophy or science. Worse yet, many of us don't think we have any obligation to do so.

In J. Warner's first two books, he made the case for God's existence (God's Crime Scene) and the case for Christianity (Cold-Case Christianity). In Forensic Faith, J. Warner completes the trilogy by making the case for... making the case! In Forensic Faith, J. Warner helps readers understand why it's important to defend what they believe, and provides them with a unique template to help them become effective "Christian Case Makers." Forensic Faith will help readers:

-understand why they, as Christians, have a duty to defend the truth
-develop a training strategy to master the evidence for Christianity
-learn how to employ the techniques of a detective to discover new insights from God's Word
-become a better communicators by learning the skills of professional case makers

With real-life detective stories, fascinating strategies, and biblical insights, J. Warner hopes to teach readers the daily cold-case investigative disciplines they can apply in their lives as believers. Forensic Faith is an engaging, fresh look at what it means to be a Christian.


J. Warner Wallace

About J. Warner Wallace:

J. Warner Wallace is a cold-case homicide detective who has been featured on Dateline, Fox News, and Court TV. A former atheist, he is the author of Cold-Case Christianity and God's Crime Scene. Wallace has a master's degree in theology and lives in California with his wife and four children.

Find out more about J. Warner at http://coldcasechristianity.com.





If someone was to ask you why you believe in God, what evidence would you give to support your faith?


Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.
Like this article? Share it.
Want more? Follow by e-mail.

No comments: