Monday, August 21, 2017

A Note from the Psalms

by Andrea Renee Cox

Hey y'all! I hope you're having a very blessed day. Something that recently blessed me was looking at some notes I'd jotted down in one of my many Bibles. (One for every occasion? Maybe....)

The one I was using isn't even in this old picture. :)

Take a look at this verse from the Psalms:

"Lord, lead me in Your righteousness because of my adversaries; make Your way straight before me."
Psalm 5:8 HCSB


The note I jotted beside that verse on my birthday last year, exactly one year ago was this:

"It isn't make my way straight, but rather make Your way straight. So important to focus on Your path rather than my own."

That still rings so true in my heart today, one year after the fact. I pray that we seek God's path to be made straight before us. That He will lead us and guide us in every moment of each day we are blessed to have. They're all a gift, y'all, and I hope we remember to treasure them.


How do you like spending your birthday?


What spiritual truth have you made note of lately?


Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.
Like this article? Share it!
Want more? Follow by e-mail.


Remember, if you're participating in my Autumn 2017 Reading Challenge, visit this page to let me know which book you've read for each category.

Haven't signed up yet? No problem! Visit this page to sign up. This challenge goes all the way through December, so it's not too late to join in the reading fun!



No comments: