Monday, November 27, 2017

Last Month of Reading Challenge

by Andrea Renee Cox

We've made it through five months of the Autumn 2017 Reading Challenge I've been hosting here on Writing to Inspire. Have you been making good progress toward your reading goals?



There's only one more month to go now. I have been rooting for you to enjoy and do well on this reading challenge over the past five months, and I'll still be rooting for you through December as well.


You can do it!



Remember to post your updates in the comment section of this official article, which may also be found in the right sidebar of any article on this blog through the end of the year.

There will be another reading challenge in 2018, so stay tuned for more details on that. I'll be sharing those in a few weeks.


What books are you looking forward to reading in December?

One of the books I've been hoping to get to for this challenge is Counted with the Stars by Connilyn Cossette. I hope I have time to get to it before Christmas. Everything typically gets busy for me again around that time, with family events and meals and cooking for those meals. It looks like a wonderful Biblical fiction story, and take a peek at the gorgeous cover! I especially love how her cloak is a sky of stars. Very beautifully done, I think.




What was your favorite book that you read for this reading challenge?

A favorite of mine was Bringing Maggie Home by Kim Vogel Sawyer, which I used for the "theme of 'trust'" category. Ms. Sawyer has long been one of my favorite authors, and this book made it into my top five favorites of her stories. I highly recommend it!




So take a deep breath, grab the next book that will fit a category, and dig in. We've got a month left, and I know you can do this!



Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.
Like this article? Share it!
Want more? Follow by e-mail.


Want to join in on a reading marathon? On Wednesday of this week, we'll start our discussion of Katherine Reay's A Portrait of Emily Price. Be sure to check out this article for more information and to find out where the reading marathon will take place.




Remember, if you're participating in my Autumn 2017 Reading Challenge, visit this page to let me know which book you've read for each category.

Haven't signed up yet? No problem! Visit this page to sign up. This challenge goes all the way through December, so it's not too late to join in the reading fun!



No comments: