Monday, May 21, 2018

A Perfect (for me) Stay-cation!

Summer is practically upon us, as thermometers and The Weather Channel folks have been telling us. What are your plans? Are you getting ready for a vacation?


Or how about a stay-cation?

That's what I'm doing right now!


I have two weeks off from my copyediting and tutoring jobs but no money to travel this time. So, I've decided a stay-cation is the perfect vacation for me. How am I spending it?

Catching up on household chores, for one thing, but that sounds like too much work to focus on for long.


The fun stuff includes:

* a stack of to-be-read books from my bedroom bookcases

* a pile of library books

* hot cocoa
Yes, I know it's summer, but cocoa for me is no different than that daily cup of coffee other people enjoy, except I don't have it daily.

* a bit of writing
A short story or two might come from it, but I also want to work on my boxing/amnesia story. For that one, I'll be tackling the third draft edits.

* keeping active by going to a Texas Ranger's game with a friend and continuing my five-minute stepper sessions three times both weeks
If you're wondering how a baseball game makes me, a spectator, stay active, have you checked out the steepness of the stairs at a professional-level ballpark lately? Since I'm still doing self-imposed rehab on the knee I hyper-extended back in February, climbing all those stairs [possibly several times that day] will be my biggest workout of the month. I'm super excited about it, because it won't seem like a workout and I'll get to hang out with one of my best friends.

* studying up on some of my favorite classic actors, such as Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, and Gregory Peck
I say studying because it's research for my writing. Seriously. Research. Though, I'm pretty sure I'd be watching the movies even if it wasn't for research purposes.

Here are a few of the books and movies on my "playlist" for the next two weeks. The likelihood is that I won't get to all of them, but I'm sure going to try.










*These pictures are borrowed from Google Images.



What books and movies are on your current "playlist"?

Which classic actors do you enjoy watching?

What is your favorite romantic comedy movie?



Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.


The winner of last week's giveaway is Sherri G., and the Kindle copy of Things I Never Told You by Beth K. Vogt has been sent to her. Congratulations, Sherri!



The reading challenge for May is nearly over.
What did you read to Support Our Troops?


Watch for next week's article, which will reveal the reading challenge for the month of June.

4 comments:

Kellyn Roth said...

I love staycations! Of course, as a student only (up until this year), in the past all summers have been staycations for me. ;) It'll be interesting doing some work/volunteering stuff this summer for a change!

Andrea Cox said...

Enjoy earning money and sharing your time, Kellyn. Sounds like you'll have a busy and fulfilling summer.

Dawn Cox said...

On my current list is to type in some edits on a few screenplays, work on a manuscript, and read "Somebody Like You" by Beth K. Vogt.

Enjoy your stay-cation, Andrea!

Andrea Cox said...

That sounds like a wonderful stay-cation too! Enjoy!