Monday, August 20, 2018

Thinking About...

Here's what I'm thinking about this week:

Borrowed from Google Images.

Grace is something we can receive or give.
Both are tough.
They aren't meant to be easy.
They're intended to stretch our souls and grant us a new type of strength.


Recently, I've been ill and ended up with "fuzzy brain" as a symptom. I've had to extend myself a lot of grace as I figured out how to navigate a gap-filled memory. Thankfully, I remained calm through it all. Even more thankfully, my memory is returning to normal day by day.

I think, for me, one of the hardest things about grace is letting go of wrongs rather than keeping a list. But I'm reminded of the verse in 1 Corinthians 13, which says love doesn't keep a record of wrongs. I want to be like that. I want to extend grace and forgiveness even as the wrong is taking place. I don't want to stew about it afterward or bring it up again and again or hold it over the person's head -- even in my mind -- for years and decades to come. I want to have a grace-filled mind and a grace-filled heart and a grace-filled soul. In this, I hope to reflect the way that Jesus loved while on earth and loves even now.

I want to love people the way Jesus loved Judas, even though Jesus knew this man was His betrayer. My heart breaks for Judas, but his relationship with the Savior inspires me too. Is it possible for me to love those who would betray me in some fashion? Is it possible for me to still be a friend to them even as my heart breaks for their choice? Is there a way I may still show them sisterly love while they plot against me? By God's grace, I pray there is. By God's grace, I ask Him for that type of love and grace to be infused into my heart and soul and mind. For to love as Jesus did is the goal of my dreams.

What are you contemplating this week?
Care to share?

How does graceful love fit in your life?


Join the conversation.
I love chatting with you.

August’s reading challenge is a jaunt Around the World.

No comments: