Sunday, May 12, 2019

Always Hope

Hey, friends. I’m having a bit of a rough time right now. My back locked up over the weekend. However, as hard as this trial is (and for a person with a low pain tolerance, it’s super hard), it will not defeat me, because I stand (or lay down, in this case, to rest my back) with God. He is my Strength, my Hope for a pain-free someday.

If I feel up to it later in the week, I’ll be sending out another article, the one I had planned for today but don’t have energy to sit up to type on my computer (I’m doing a quick job of this one on my phone).

In the meantime, I was determined that this would not be my first Monday in over five years that my blog would go unposted.

But what to say?

Then I wondered what it is I need right now (other then zero pain when I wake up tomorrow).

Hope.

Hope that this trial will not be forever. Hope that my future looks a lot brighter than this moment. Hope that my tears of exhaustion and pain and frustration will turn into peals of laughter and joy (once laughing doesn’t hurt so much).

Hope.

Yes, let us always hope.

Because Jesus is the King of hope. He gives it to us every day, but we have to choose to see it. So in those little pops in my back, I see that hope. In the brief moments when my pain is less, I see it. And in thinking of you, dear friends, I see hope.

Until next time, and beyond, please join me in hoping for bright tomorrows.

No comments: