Monday, May 18, 2020

Pockets of Time {Focus on Jesus + Life Update}

My next verse to learn for our Focus on Jesus Scripture Memory event is a long one, so it may take me a few weeks to really get it remembered.


We'll still be adding another verse to the mix in a couple of weeks, so I suppose I better find some extra pockets of time for studying between jobs.

Speaking of which, it's time for a bit of a life update.

I know I'm due (overdue, really) to deliver to you another short story. As much as I've tried to pen a few, my mind hasn't been cooperating for such things lately. I'm hoping to be able to get one written in the next few weeks.

You see, I've been working hard on a full-length story for Camp NaNo last month, and the story isn't finished yet, so I'm still plugging away at it. The research has been random, the plot pretty fun to play with, and the characters surprising at times. It's a blast hanging out with this crazy cast of folks, and I can hardly wait until you get to meet them too. Of course, I've got to straighten them out a bit first. First drafts can be pretty rough.

My tutoring work is about to switch from the spring semester to the summer session, so that ought to keep me a little busy too. I'm so glad to have been able to help my students through the at-home lessons they've had during this pandemic. As different as "home school" has been for my students, they've risen to the challenge and accomplished a lot of learning in the past eight weeks. I'm so proud of them!

In addition to that, I currently have an editing job. It's an enjoyable story that takes place in the late 1800s, and the cast is charming and the plot well thought out. Such stories are so pleasurable to work on. I'm very grateful for my editing clients and the stories they have to share with the world.

Many pockets of time in between all those things will be spent meditating on my new verse and committing it to memory.


What verse is up next for you?

Update me on you.

What's on your schedule this week?
In what ways may I pray for you?

No comments: