Thursday, July 2, 2020

Cast Out All Fear

Hello, friends! Thank you so much for your patience as I'm figuring out how to fit everything into a condensed sit-down schedule, due to my current back discomfort.

{Remember when I mentioned an article on color-coded editing, to be looking for that in June? Well, my schedule did not go as planned in June. I have not forgotten about that article, and it will be coming. My new goal for that is before summer is over (so before the end of August). I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get it to you sometime in July.}


How many of us have experienced fear in the last few months? We've had lots of reasons to be afraid, and I don't think I have to list them all out. Just scroll through any social media site or mainstream media news feed if you want details. (I don't recommend this, for your sanity. Search for conservative news outlets instead. There's more truth and less fear in these outlets.)

I wonder if we've forgotten what the Bible says about fear.

When the Lord God visited Abram (Abraham) in a vision, the Lord first said, "Do not be afraid" (Genesis 15:1 HCSB).

When Moses was leading the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt, he told them, "Don't be afraid. Stand firm and see the Lord's salvation He will provide for you today" (Exodus 14:13 HCSB).

Boaz once told Ruth, "Now don't be afraid" (Ruth 3:11 HCSB).

When Eli's daughter-in-law lay dying after giving birth to a son named Ichabod, the women tending her said, "Don't be afraid" (1 Samuel 4:20 HCSB).

When the angel visited Mary to tell her she'd been chosen to give birth to the Lord Jesus, the first thing the angel told her was, "Do not be afraid" (Luke 1:30 HCSB).

Jesus told the apostles, "Therefore, don't be afraid of them, since there is nothing covered that won't be uncovered and nothing hidden that won't be made known" (Matthew 10:26 HCSB).

What can we learn from these examples (and sooooo many others) in the Bible?

Fear may be a natural first reaction, but fear is not the state in which we are to remain. We are told time and time and time again to not be afraid. So let's cast our fear aside in the name of Jesus Christ! He wants to infuse us with courage and bravery and peace and a calm spirit.

Let me tell you this: Fear is from the enemy. Fear is a weapon quickly wielded by the devil himself.

Do you want him to step on your throat or cut you down?

If not, repeat after Jesus: "Get behind me, Satan! You are an offense to Me because you're not thinking about God's concerns, but man's" (Matthew 16:23 HCSB).

Search out the truth. Turn to God and search the Bible for how to handle the fear that is such a natural reaction to the craziness happening this year. Cast out your fear. Hold on to the Truth in God's Word. Be courageous! Be brave! Stand firm on the Word of God, which declares time and again that we should not be afraid.

We can do this, folks. You can do this, because God's got you.

How do I know that?

Because the Bible tells me so.

Yep, it's that simple.

Take a look at three final verses today:

"For I, Yahweh your God, hold your right hand and say to you: Do not fear, I will help you" (Isaiah 41:13 HCSB).

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them from all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17 HCSB).

"If God is for us, who is against us? ... No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us" (portions from Romans 8:31-39 HCSB).

Take heart, my friends. God is for us. Because of His incredible, unending love, we are "more than victorious." May our Lord God infuse your heart with peace, and may you trust Him to help you through the remainder of whatever craziness hits us this year.

No comments: