By Andrea Renee Cox
Since my computer is being worked on this week, I’m borrowing one that doesn’t have the same version of Microsoft Word. Therefore, all the articles on my thumb drive can’t be accessed this weekend. Instead of trying to remember and retype one of them, I thought I’d give you a bit of inspiration in a to-go size.
This year, I’m participating in Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT). This group of thousands of women is memorizing Scripture verses over the weeks and months of 2015. As we get close to the midway point of the year, I can already see the difference it’s making in my life. I feel so much closer to God than I did prior to this year, and I can hear Him a bit more clearly. There really is something amazing about having His Word living and breathing within me.
Here are the verses I’m currently working on. I am not learning them all at once. I'm breaking it down, verse by verse, and learning just one each week. The deeper I get into it, the more it builds upon itself. I hope it brings you encouragement for the coming week.
Ephesians 3:14-21 (NIV)
14. For this reason I kneel before the Father,
15. from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
16. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
17. so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
18. may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
19. and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
21. to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Readers, what are some of your favorite Mother's Day memories? How do you make your mom smile throughout the year, especially when she's going through a tough time?
Thanks for stopping by today! I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below. And don’t forget to drop by next Monday for my latest article.
Would you like to be my guest? Here's how to submit an article.
Do you need a proofreader? Here are the services I offer.