Monday, April 3, 2017

Grace and the Preacher by Kim Vogel Sawyer

by Andrea Renee Cox



What an amazing story. It's going to be hard to narrow down my thoughts and not give anything away, but here goes...

The themes of this story really captured me more than anything else, though there was a ton more to love about this book. From vanity, greed, and fear, to trust, serving Jesus, Good Samaritan, and putting God first, this novel was filled to the gills with lessons that were thoughtfully woven into every detail. None of them seemed over the top or preachy to me; rather, they were subtle and sweet and brought just the right touch of grace to the story line.

Now, we have to talk about the characters. The leads were great, but I especially loved the supporting cast. These characters stood out as unique, diverse, and spunky. They brought a spark of fun to the story that I think would have fallen flat without them. That's one thing I love about Kim Sawyer's books; she always knows just what a book needs and makes certain to deliver!

The cover fit this book perfectly, from the softened hairstyle to the letters, and even the postage-stamp effect as the background for the title. This is one of my favorite covers this year.

If you're already a fan of Ms. Sawyer's, you already know the sweet treat you're in for when you pick up this book. But if you haven't yet tried her books, you might want to hurry up and snatch a copy of Grace and the Preacher. It's a fabulous one to begin with!
 
Now available!

What new books are you looking forward to reading?

Have you ever written letters to someone?



I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, authors, and sites like Netgalley, Litfuse Publicity Group, and Blogging for Books. They do not require me to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


Join the conversation. I love hearing from you!
Like this article? Share it!
Want more? Follow by e-mail?

No comments: