Monday, December 18, 2017

Imperfect Justice by Cara Putman

by Andrea Renee Cox

Wow! I want to reread this book immediately, but I don’t have the time. Imperfect Justice was so complex and interesting. From stalkers to murders to grief, domestic violence, and custody battles, this book pretty much had a little of everything. Don’t let that intimidate you, though. These things were all balanced out by faith and clean romance. The fact that domestic violence and fighting for folks stuck in those scenarios were featured made this an especially great read. The encouragement to get out of unsafe relationships was well presented, with heart, compassion, and experience. For those who are in the position of being abused, I pray this book will provide hope that you can survive and find joy in a brighter tomorrow.



I am so thankful that Cara Putman started writing legal suspense. It’s one of my favorite genres, but finding clean ones can be tricky! Not anymore. With Ms. Putman at the helm, I know I’m in for a great and intriguing story filled with people I’d love to know in person (okay, not so much in Robert’s case) and settings that are beautiful and rich and special. This was one of my most highly anticipated books of 2017, and the story between the covers held up well to that anticipation. I cannot wait for the next installment of this series. I’m hoping it’s about who I think it is! I’m sensing another romance brewing, but I’m very excited to see what cases those characters will tackle.


Be sure to also check out the other books in the Hidden Justice series, Dying for Love, Beyond Justice, and Hidden Love.


I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, authors, and sites like Netgalley, Litfuse Publicity Group, and Blogging for Books. They do not require me to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.



What is your favorite suspense novel?

Which suspense authors do you most enjoy?



About Imperfect Justice:


The police say the woman was a murderer. Emilie Wesley knows they can't be talking about her client . . . can they?
To the world it seems obvious: Kaylene Adams killed her daughter and then was shot by police. Attorney Emilie Wesley knows a different story: Kaylene would never hurt anyone and was looking for a way out of a controlling, abusive relationship. Her death shakes Emilie's belief that she can make a difference for women in violent marriages. Self-doubt plagues her as she struggles to continue her work in the wake of the tragedy.
Reid Billings thought he knew his sister-right up until he learned how she died. He discovers a letter from Kaylene begging him to fight for custody of her daughters if anything should happen to her. No attorney in her right mind would support an uncle instead of the father in a custody case, but Kaylene's letter claims Emilie Wesley will help him.
Thrown together in a race to save Kaylene's surviving daughter, Emily and Reid pursue the constantly evasive truth. If they can hang on to hope together, can they save a young girl-and find a future for themselves in the process?


About Cara Putman:


Cara Putman
Cara Putman is the author of more than 25 legal thrillers, historical romances, and romantic suspense novels. She has won or been a finalist for honors including the ACFW Book of the Year and the Christian Retailing's BEST Award. Cara graduated high school at 16, college at 20, completed her law degree at 27, and recently received her MBA. She is a practicing attorney, teaches undergraduate and graduate law courses at a Big Ten business school, and is a homeschooling mom of four. She lives with her husband and children in Indiana.

Find out more about Cara at






Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.
Like this article? Share it!
Want more? Follow by e-mail.


Remember, if you're participating in my Autumn 2017 Reading Challenge, visit this page to let me know which book you've read for each category.



No comments: