Monday, July 2, 2018

Diving In

Things are so busy around here.

I read 82 books in the first half of the year, which quite shocked me, honestly. Only two or three of those were ones I didn't end up finishing, yet they are still off of my to-be-read pile now. Of course I'm not stopping there. I would love to duplicate the awesomeness during the second half of the year.

The first month of my two-month summer session of tutoring is completed, which reminds me that summer certainly does fly. I'll get a full break from tutoring in August, and I plan on enjoying it. In the meantime, I will appreciate the moments I get to work with "my kids." They grow so fast and learn so much over the course of even a short summer session.


July is another Camp NaNoWriMo. It's hard to believe it's arrived already. I'll be diving in on several projects for it.

My primary project will be a novel titled Shimmering Starlight, which is about a former singer who's hiding out in a small town to protect her daughter and the journalist searching for the story of the century to revive his stalled-out career.

My secondary project is third-round edits on Living Legend, the epic story of a boxing champion who wakes up with no memory and the mission doctor who thinks he can save her from herself while they together battle Raiders, disease, and fire in the African village they live in.

Another project I'll be working on is another short story, soon to be debuted here on the blog. Keep your eyes peeled for that later this month.

One reason I love the beginning of July is because that's when my family celebrates my sister's birthday. I cannot imagine life without my younger sister. Happy birthday, Sis!

Then, of course, there are chores, quiet time with God, and meals, the daily life sort of stuff that are necessary to my functioning properly. I don't know how I'd survive without these key portions of my days. They create such a great routine and normalcy to the craziness called life.

What's in your game plan for July?

What books are you reading?


Join the conversation!
I love hearing from you.

Happy 4th of July!

July's reading challenge is historical!

No comments: