Monday, October 5, 2015

Drawing Prayer Circles

by Andrea Renee Cox

Recently, I read a book called The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I’d heard great things about it on Facebook, so I thought I’d give it a look. Goodness, I’m glad I did! If you want to see revival in your relationship with God, I highly recommend you check out this book. One person’s prayers really do make a difference.

One thing Batterson talked about in his book is circling Scripture verses in prayer. Here’s the thing: I was already doing this, and I didn’t even know it. That’s right. God led me to pray circles around certain verses in the Bible, THEN years later He confirmed what I was doing by leading me to read The Circle Maker. I love the way He works in my life. Leading me down the road He wants me to travel and then confirming it along the way by various sources of encouragement.

Now, just because you circle verses does not mean you will immediately receive the answers you want. No, you still have to wait patiently on the Lord’s timing. And sometimes you might even circle the wrong thing. Don’t worry. God knows we’re human and will make mistakes. But one of the neatest things about circling things in prayer, at least in my experience, is the fact that you grow closer to God in the process. I don’t know about you, but I crave relationship with God. And drawing prayer circles around the people and responsibilities and things in my life increases the quality of my relationship with Him. I’m already seeing blessings from prayer circling, and I expect many more in the future.


Have you started drawing prayer circles yet?


Here are a few of the verses I’ve been circling over the years.

*All references in the New King James Version.

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

Ruth 3:11
“And now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you request, for all the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman.”

Isaiah 26:12
Lord, You will establish peace for us, for You have also done all our works in us.

Jeremiah 26:14
“As for me, here I am, in your hands; do with me as seems good and proper to you.”

Matthew 15:27
And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”


What are some verses you feel led to circle in prayer? How has God drawn you into a deeper relationship with Him? How has He confirmed to you that you’re on the right path?


Thanks for stopping by today! I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below. And don’t forget to drop by next Monday for my latest article.

Would you like to be my guest? Here's how to submit an article.

Do you need a copy editor? Here are the services I offer.

No comments: