Monday, October 26, 2015

New NaNo, New Challenge

by Andrea Renee Cox

Only six more days until November. Which means there are only six more days until the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins. The goal with NaNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words in one month.

This will be my third year to participate. The previous two, I was a winner. That means I reached 50,000 words each time. Exciting, isn’t it?

Well, this year I’m aiming a little higher.

During NaNoWriMo 2015, my goal is to reach 60,000 words. Not only that, but I’m trying to accomplish that feat before Thanksgiving. Yes, I’m upping the ante. Increasing the challenge.

That may all sound quite impossible, but I assure you it gets even more difficult.

This year’s project is turning an old screenplay of mine into a novel. I’ve never done such a thing before, and I must admit it is more than a little intimidating and overwhelming. But I feel confident that I can do it, with the Lord’s help. He’s already helping me with my prep work. I’ve got another draft of the script to go through this week, and after that I’ll be finalizing the outline for the book. Come November 1, I should be ready to type up the story that’s claimed a large part of my heart and imagination for years.

Even though it's overwhelming to think of this month of writing, it should go just fine, as long as I meet my daily word counts. I'm aiming for 3,600 words a day. Hopefully I'll hit that mark or surpass it more often than not.

I'm getting anxious and excited just thinking about this story. Only a few more days until I get to really sink my teeth into it. Here's hoping for a fantastic month of writing!



Friends, what challenges have you taken on recently? Where did you find the courage to tackle those things? Is anyone here also participating in NaNoWriMo? Have you ever won it before?


Do to spam comments, all future comments must be approved by the site moderator. Sorry for the inconvenience!


Thanks for stopping by today! I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below. And don’t forget to drop by next Monday for my latest article.

Would you like to be my guest? Here's how to submit an article.

Do you need a copy editor? Here are the services I offer.

No comments: